Here are links to some podcast interviews I have done and articles discussing my work.
- 'Superintelligence' - A long video interview with Adam Ford about AI Risk, Nick Bostrom's book Superintelligence and some of my criticisms thereof.
- 'The Ethics of Moral Enhancement’ - an interview about moral enhancement and extended mind hypothesis on the Smart Drugs Smarts podcast.
- 'Sex Machina’ - an interview about the social, legal and ethical implications of sex robots. Robot Overlordz Podcast. Episode 163.
- 'Enhanced!’ - an interview about neuroenhancement and technological unemployment. Robot Overlordz Podcast. Episode 150.
- ‘Will the future be ruled by algorithm?’ - an interview about the threat of algocracy. Review the Future Podcast. Episode 42.
- ‘The Ethics of Human Enhancement’ - interview with Dan Fagella about, well, about the ethics of human enhancement.
- Fast Company - "THE TOP JOBS IN 10 YEARS MIGHT NOT BE WHAT YOU EXPECT" - includes some quotes from me about the future of work. Just to be clear my suggestions were made with a particular theory of employment and employability in mind, which was unfortunately left out of the final version of the article.
- Future of Sex - "Should we Criminalize Robotic Rape and Child Sex Robots?" interview with me about my article addressing this question.
- Business Insider - "This Law School Professor Thinks that Robots May Lead to an Increase in Prostitution?" - a summary of my article on sex work and technological unemployment. I should not, of course, be referred to as a "professor", at least not under the UK/Irish academic system.
- Above the Law - "Would You Believe Your Law School Tuition Pays for Sexbot Research" - A somewhat negative article, again dealing with my article on sex work and technological unemployment, which disagrees with the notion that students' tuition fees should pay for research into this topic. But as the author notes, the tuition situation is not as bad in my neck of the woods as it is in the US.
- Future of Sex - "Will Sex Robots Actually Replace Human Sex Workers?" - This one includes extracts from an interview with me.
- VICE: Motherboard - "Prostitution Will Survive the Rise of the Robots" - Another interview with me, about my article on sex work and technological unemployment, this time via email. This was republished and translated onto the French, German and Romanian versions of VICE.
- Pando Daily - "Academics Dream of Electric Sex Workers" - A slightly negative, or at least tongue-in-cheek take on the topic of sex work and technological unemployment. Based partly on an interview with me, but featuring a number of inaccuracies (e.g. it's not true to say that the majority of research on this is conducted by "stodgy British scholars". We may be stodgy, but as far as I am aware most of us aren't British)
- Pando Daily - "Pew Report: "Sex Robots will become Commonplace" - As the name suggests, this is actually a report on research done by Pew into robotics and the workplace. Nevertheless, it does briefly mention my article on sex work and technological unemployment.
- Ekstra Bladet - "Sexrobotter tager ludernes arbejde" - Definitely NSFW! I have no idea what this says, but it is about my article on sex work and technological unemployment. Apparently, Ekstra Bladet is a Danish tabloid, and one of the more popular Danish news websites.