Friday, December 27, 2019

Some recent media and podcasts



Regular readers will know that I have been shilling for my book Automation and Utopia for the past couple of months. In that vein, I did two recent podcasts on the book and related topics.


  • The first was on Mike Hagan's 'Radio Orbit' show. This was a fun and wide-ranging interview. It was recorded via phone so my voice is a bit muffled but overall it's probably one of my better interview performances. You can download the episode here.

  • The second was on Matt Ward's 'The Disruptors' podcast. This one focuses a lot on the likelihood of automation in the workplace and Matt plays a good devil's advocate on some of my claims. You can listen to it here or watch a video version (which I was not aware was being recorded) here.

This is a bit more out of date but my lecture 'Mass Surveillance, Artificial Intelligence and New Legal Challenges' was featured in a couple of news stories in Ireland, if you are interested. Here's one report from The Irish Times and another from The Journal.ie. Unrelated to this, I was also briefly quoted in this story about the ethics (and law) of people creating 3D avatars of celebs and exes for sexual purposes.

Finally, for some unknown reason, I was featured on this list of 30 people to follow in Europe on AI. I'm not sure what the methodology was but it is nice to be featured nonetheless.






No comments:

Post a Comment