What does it mean to be human? What does it mean to be you? Philosophers, psychologists and sociologists all seem to agree that your identity is central to how you think of yourself and how you engage with others. But how are emerging technologies changing how we enact and constitute our identities? That's the subject matter of this podcast with Tracey Follows. Tracy is a professional futurist. She runs a consultancy firm called Futuremade. She is a regular writer and speaker on futurism. She has appeared on the BBC and is a contributing columnist with Forbes. She is also a member of the Association of Professional Futuriss and the World Futures Studies Federation. We talk about her book The Future of You: Can your identity survive the 21st Century?
- The nature of identity
- The link between technology and identity
- Is technology giving us more creative control over identity?
- Does technology encourage more conformity and groupthink?
- Is our identity being fragmented by technology?
- Who controls the technology of identity formation?
- How should we govern the technology of identity formation in the future?
- The Future of You by Tracey