Few technologies have generated as much buzz (or is it hype?), in recent years, as large language models. Open AI's various iterations of GPT are currently leading the charge, though others are catching up. To help make sense of this technology, and to sort the signal from the noise, I have been doing a series of podcasts on the social, economic, ethical and philosophical implications of LLMs. Here's every episode to date. I'll keep this updated as I add more episodes.
- GPT: How worried should we be? (with Olle Häggström)
- What will be the economic impact of GPT? (with Anton Korinek)
- GPT: Higher education's Jurassic Park moment? (with Thore Husfeldt)
- Why GPT and other LLMs (probably) aren't sentient? (with Robert Long)
- Will LLMs disrupt healthcare? (with Jessica Morley)
- Interview with Miles Brundage (Head of Policy Research at OpenAI)