As part of my ongoing obsession with attempts to link religion and morality (see here for details), I am going to go through Wes Morriston's various papers on this matter. Based on his writings, Morriston is a wonderful philosopher: patient, thoughtful and insightful. His website is described as being a place for people who like to think hard. He certainly does this himself.
Index to the Series
1. "What if God Commanded Something Terrible? A Worry for Divine Command Metaethics"
- Part 1: The Structure of the Problem
- Part 2: Divine Essences
- Part 3: The Modified DCT
- Part 4: We Must Obey
2. "Must there be a Standard of Moral Goodness Apart from God?"
- Part 1: Solving the Euthyphro
- Part 2: Craig and God's Nature
- Part 3: Alston and the Divine Metre Stick
3. "Did God Command Genocide? A Challenge to the Biblical Inerrantist"